Proverbs about strategy
- Offense equals defense, this is due to the no-draw property.
- Consider playing in the "wrong direction", ropes make the board much easier to cross.
- A player's position is only as good as its weakest link.
- Do not play an isolated piece with three or fewer liberties.
- According to Edward Lasker, a chess player,
- Chess is a game restricted to this world, Go has something extraterrestrial. If ever we find an extraterrestrial civilization that plays a game that we also play, it will be Go, without any doubt.
- Jack van Rijswijck goes beyond,
- Hex has a Platonic existence, independent of human thought. If ever we find an extraterrestrial civilization at all, they will know Hex, without any doubt. (source Set Colouring Games, 2006. Page 163)