March 2017: Boards are now rendered as SVG images! Thanks to Tom239 for writing the code for this feature.
Hex is a connection game invented in the 1940s and popularised in recent years on game sites on the web. With simple rules and much inherent strategy, it makes for a game which an increasing audience finds interesting and stimulating.
Depending on your interest, some good pages to start exploring this site are:
- a description of the rules of Hex
- some historical background
- take a look here if you want to know more about HexWiki
- the strategy page has links to specific strategy topics
- practice by solving some puzzles
- information on computer Hex
- information on online playing
- ideas for physical Hex sets
- information on tournaments
- some variants using the same equipment
- commented games to learn from
- tips for typesetting Hex
- Hex bibliography